Monday, March 16, 2009

Elton John & Billy Joel - Concert 3/14/09

I have seen this "face To Face" tour twice before (and have seen Elton and Billy do thier own headliner shows) but this may have been the best of the bunch.

Highlights:

My Life
Movin Out
Burn Down The Mission
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Zanzabar
Angry Young Man
Birthday / Back In the USSR (McCartney has to be their collective biggest influence)

Billy has a new young band (and Long Island Guys!) Elton has the same guys since 1972.

Most people told me they liked Billy better. He lost weight, his voice was great, he had a better rapport with the audience.

I would say that it was VERY close. I can't really pick a winner.

The loser was the audience that had to suffer through "Uptown Girl". They did a bad song badly. What I like best about these shows is when Billy Sings an Elton verse that sounds like he should have written it and vice versa (like My Life works on another level as an Elton song, Guess That's Why they call it the Blues works as a Billy Song) ... We'll uptown girl, about a poor boy from Downtown NY who wants to get a girl from uptown does not work sung by a gay Brit wearing $2,000 sun glasses

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home