Monday, August 18, 2008

Singer in a Rock & Roll Band

I made the very scary move from bassist to bassist/singer this month. I also did my 1st solo gig (acoustic guitar and vocals). These gigs proved two things (1) I have become a good enough player that I can just think about vocals while performing and (2) That I need to train my voice in order to get though more than a dozen songs.

Found a spray called vocal-eze that I will use next time. I was hoping it would make me sound better, but I think it just makes my throat stay coated.

Got a good suggestion from my wife (sing from your gut or you will sound like you are immitating your brother) and good feedback from Mark Scarbrough (you sound the best you ever have 'cause you pushed your voice instead of singing from your head/nose) I think they were making the same point, although I am a big fan of Adam's nasal singing style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home